Ed Littlewood Productions Ltd is proud to be working with Room 2 Manoeuvre to deliver At Your Leisure for EventScotland’s Year of Young People 2018, in partnership with The Brunton and EnjoyLeisure, East Lothian. Further details about this exciting year can be found here: #YOYP2018
About the Year of Young People 2018
- The Year of Young People 2018 will be the next of the Scottish Government’s series of themed years, following the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology 2017.
- The Year is being delivered in partnership between the Scottish Government, EventScotland, Young Scot, Children in Scotland and the Scottish Youth Parliament, YouthLinkScotland and Creative Scotland.
- Since 2015, young people (aged 8-26) have been at the heart of the planning for Year of Young People 2018. Hundreds of young people had their say on what the Year should focus on, and now a group of young leaders, Communic18 are working with organisations to ensure the goals identified are achieved.
- Central to YoYP 2018 is a celebratory events programme, led by EventScotland, that puts young people at the heart of its development and delivery, creating new and valuable experiences for young Scots and the wider public.
- Alongside a celebratory events programme, the Year aims to strengthen young people’s voices and give them an opportunity to directly influence Scottish Government policy and decision making on issues which affect their lives.
- More than 500 young people have been selected to represent their local community and act as Year of Young People 2018 Ambassadors. Their role is to challenge negative stereotypes of young people through events, media and intergenerational projects.
- Young people decided upon the six themes which mattered the most to their lives. All activity for the Year is focused around these areas: Culture, Education, Health and Wellbeing, Enterprise and Regeneration, Equality and Diversity, and Participation. The Scottish Government will work to ensure that young people’s voices are heard across these six themes and acted upon during 2018 and beyond.
YEAR OF YOUNG PEOPLE 2018 – yoyp2018.scot
Ed Littlewood Productions Ltd works with small to medium sized companies and individual artists to deliver productions and events nationally and internationally. The company also provides support and consultation for the performing arts industry – funding / fundraising, touring, education / learning and participation, production administration – working with a wide range of freelancers and associates across the UK. Offices are in Edinburgh and Bristol.
Current and previous partnerships include:
Nutshell Theatre, Théâtre Sans Frontières, Room 2 Manoeuvre, Plutôt la Vie, Ankur Arts, Scottish Dance Theatre, Creation Theatre, Tricky Hat Productions, Fish and Game and Dudendance Productions. Ed also previously worked for the Young Vic, the Royal Opera House and Theatre Cryptic.
Ed Littlewood – Producer
Deborah Ward – Associate Producer
Company no. SC474862 – registered address: Out of the Blue, 36 Dalmeny Street, Edinburgh EH6 8RG
The company would like to thank its supporters and partners for the generous use of company and production images, and the photographers, including:
Peter Dibdin, Douglas Robertson, Brian Hartley, Eamonn McGoldrick, Brian Hartley